The future is here: Mobile Dashboards & Business Objects Design Studio.
With Design Studio 1.0 recently released from SAP and new mobile functionality added to Dashboard Designer, we’ll review the key components of creating analytical interfaces and dashboards and deploying them on both mobile and non-mobile platforms. We will provide a case study along with lessons learned from a current implementation we are performing for one of our clients.
- Develop new dashboards to provide highly stylized visualizations on existing sales and distribution data in BW for desktops and iPads.
- Evolve from BEX reporting
- Currently BI adoption is very low and we rely on lots of individual broadcast emails of BEX to PDF. Our goal is to provide a more intuitive, interactive analysis with advanced visualizations that allow drill down.
- Overcome gaps in the current BI platform
- Limitations of BICs with dashboards and webi reports
- Performance and data limitations in dashboards and webi
- HTML5 support – design once and deploy to desktop and iOS
- Overcome awkwardness of document linking (open doc, hyperlinking)
- New BI customer, so developing in Xcelsius of questionable value
- Improve usability over webi limitations
- Improve Enterprise Portal experience for BI content
Scott Sigsbey currently serves as a BI Solution and Practice Principle with Optimal. Scott has 13+ years of Business Intelligence & Analytics, Enterprise Performance Management, and Database and Technology related experience. His responsibilities include creating and delivering “business transformation” solutions. He is also responsible for sales cycles, practice growth & development, and leadership of the delivery team. Scott is a techno-functional expert in full life-cycle BI implementations and solution delivery.
Date: Friday, November 16, 2012
Location: Plano Center
2000 East Spring Creek Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75074